Sautéed Oysters and Linguini Recipe
by Owen Dublin
A Sure Crowd Pleaser!
Sautéed Oysters and Linguini Recipe2-4 servings
ApplyMe Spice Seasoning
18-20 fresh oysters
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
Half of a shallot
1 large tomato finely chopped
Half a lemon
½ cup of cilantro
3 cups of chicken stock
Oyster liquor (the juice from the oysters)
1/8 stick of butter
- In a large pot add a cup of water and oysters. Oysters that are open, have damaged shells or smell bad should be discarded. Cover and under medium heat, steam until oysters open. Once cooled, remove oysters from pot, scrape oysters out of the shell and set aside. Retain any remaining water in the pot to be used as oyster liquor.
- Reduced chicken stock and as much of the oyster liquor that you are able to retain, to half and then set aside.
- Lightly coat a pan with olive oil and under medium heat add garlic and shallots. When the shallots start to become translucent, add the chicken stock/oyster liquor reduction and tomatoes and then simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the juice of half a lemon and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. This will be the oyster sauce.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and then add approximately half a box of Linguine (8 oz). Return to a boil and stir as needed. Boil for an additional 8-10 minutes or until desired tenderness. Remove from stove and drain. Set aside.
- Add the butter to your pan and under medium to low heat wait for the butter to start to turn brown. At this point, quickly add your oysters that have been seasoned with ApplyMe spice. Stir to coat and then let sit. Thoroughly cook your oysters: the internal temperature must reach 145°F for at least 15 seconds.
- Place cooked linguini on plate and top with cooked oysters. Pour over Oyster sauce and sprinkle with ApplyMe spice. Enjoy!